Originally built for Judge William D. Harden in 1891, the Harden House was designed by the famous Boston architect, William Gibbons Preston. Preston was the creator of many prominent buildings in Savannah as well as in the North East. Preston favored working in the Richardsonian Romanesque style, however the Harden house is quite different than the rest of his buildings. It is the only known wooden building with brick foundation he ever built. The AutoCad files seen are of the first floor plan and many beautiful architectural details still found in the home today.